Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit my blog! To explain a bit, I created this blog about 4 months AFTER my cancer/pregnancy journey began, so if you are just joining us, you will be able to relive each moment from the beginning through Flashbacks that are intermingled with our "real time" posts. I'm working to get them caught up so all posts will be in "real time" eventually, but remember I have a newborn and she likes to pull rank at times ;) I'm so very honored that you want to continue to follow along with our journey, and I would say there are two ways to do that. If you want to read from the beginning in chronological order, start at "Flashback to June 2" and then read the flashbacks in dated order. If you're an "I can't wait" kinda person and want to get to real time posts faster, this article gives the "cliff notes" version of our journey. But I gotta tell ya, if you choose to stick with the cliff notes route only, you will miss some pretty phenomenal chapters of awe inspiring beauty in this story my God has written for me, so I would suggest catching up on both ;)

Thursday, October 1, 2015

50 Can Fight

At any given time, there are up to 50 people receiving treatments in the treatment room of the Montgomery Cancer Center. 50 sweet people at any given time will be fighting for their very lives! I'm grateful to have gotten to know some of these sweet people, and today, I may be saying goodbye to the treatment room, but I will keep those relationships close to my heart and whenever I think of them, I will remember them with fondness for the strength we give one another when we're crying with panic as we wait for a test result, sobbing over the loss of hair, talking out surgery options, laughing at the crazy sides of cancer, or simply talking about our faith in Him to deliver us from this nightmare. I am blessed to sit in one of those 50 chairs, and I pray with each treat bag I give out, they will know they are loved and cherished for sitting beside me on this journey!! 



#Godiswritingmystory 

2 comments:

  1. I was unable to stay with my husband today at the Cancer Center, but when I came by to pick him up, he had one of your bags. He pulled off the tag on top and gave it to me. It warmed my heart to see a beautiful message of love and assurance that God holds us in the fold of His loving hands. We have only been on our journey for a year, and we don't know when it'll ease up, but one thing is absolutely certain -- God has shown Himself mighty so many times, I'm utterly humbled by His magnificence that covers my weakness. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, and I in return pray that your journey from here forward is peaceful.

    Blessings,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, It means SO incredibly much that you reached out to me after the bags!! You always pray to bring happiness through your actions, but to actually hear it happened is incredible and encouraging to me as well. I pray you all will find peace about your trials from our Heavenly Father!!! Stay strong and know that you are loved!

      Delete