Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit my blog! To explain a bit, I created this blog about 4 months AFTER my cancer/pregnancy journey began, so if you are just joining us, you will be able to relive each moment from the beginning through Flashbacks that are intermingled with our "real time" posts. I'm working to get them caught up so all posts will be in "real time" eventually, but remember I have a newborn and she likes to pull rank at times ;) I'm so very honored that you want to continue to follow along with our journey, and I would say there are two ways to do that. If you want to read from the beginning in chronological order, start at "Flashback to June 2" and then read the flashbacks in dated order. If you're an "I can't wait" kinda person and want to get to real time posts faster, this article gives the "cliff notes" version of our journey. But I gotta tell ya, if you choose to stick with the cliff notes route only, you will miss some pretty phenomenal chapters of awe inspiring beauty in this story my God has written for me, so I would suggest catching up on both ;)

Thursday, January 21, 2016

...and then God sends perspective.

It's no surprise I have been down for the past week or so about radiation, and the effects it is having on my life both physically and emotionally. Well, last week I was walking into the radiation center, probably with a grouchy "this is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" kinda face, and I noticed an older gentleman walking towards the door as well. The following conversation was exchanged,  and most definitely placed for a purpose. That purpose might you ask? A gentle perspective lesson from my Heavenly Father. After all, He always knows what we need and when we need it, right? :)

Mr: "Another day? It gets tiring, huh?"
Me (realizing I need to try to be a Positive Patsy instead of my current Negative Nancy self <insert
          smile> )
      "Yes sir. This is my 20th, but it'll be ok!"
          (thinking to myself...You're being a pretty good little actress today <Pat on the back> Oooouch,
          too hard. Remember, this crap has given you a terrible burn!! Oh I hate radiation. Don't let this
          poor man know your real thoughts!)
Mr: "This is my third." 
Me (thinking to myself...Aww, poor newbie. He has no idea what he's in for. Just try to be positive to
          the poor fella. Bless him.)
      "Oh, ok. Well you hang in there, it's not that bad." 
Mr: "Oh, I don't mean my third treatment. This is my 3rd case of cancer. This is my 100th radiation 
      treatment." 

Perspective given.
Perspective received.

#Godiswritingmystory

No comments:

Post a Comment